Sunday, July 12, 2009

Love Mom

Me & My Cousin Mysti when we were wee little sprouts. I was so proud of my pearly cat's eye glasses.

Your blog is so you. From the time you were a child I let you choose your own clothes and colors. I enjoyed watching your choices. Sometimes a little surprising, but I would get a good laugh. The bright colors, the checkered shirts with the striped skirts, it was always you. I wanted you to get your own imagination and your own self awareness. Shopping was always so fun for us. We shopped until we dropped. Not buying much, but looking and finding the best buys in town. Your 5 1/2 size shoe and my size 9. You always won out with a new pair because the small sizes were always left. How I always wanted to be a size 5 1/2! Only you and your great grandma Laura had that size. I wish I had kept her shoes for you... I will always regret you not knowing her. I cry as I write this as I wish she were here now, holding my hand and rubbing it in her own special way. I also have great memories of watching you play under the shade tree in Pendleton, with all your friends and all your dolls. Movies have always been a part of the lives of you and Mark. Dad is the beginner of all that, I have a hard time sitting still that long. I would rather be in the garden.

Love Mom

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.